Saturday 27 May 2017

Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Intensive Sunblock Spray SPF-50 UVA Index-16 Review

Hey people ! How are you all ? I'm sorry for not being able to post for a while now because I've been busy with my exams. But now I'm back with a review ;)
So, when I was a starter in the world of sunscreens, I happened to get lost a lot of times buying stuff that didn't really suit my skin, so here I'm to the rescue for all you people.
Today, I'm going to review Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Intensive Sunblock Spray SPF-50 UVA Index-16. Phew! pretty big name. Ok so lets get started.





Price -  345/- INR for 80 ml

Shelf Life - 2 years and 11 months approx.

Skin type - All skin types


What attracted me towards this product was its claim to be sweat proof and water proof. I've always been a fan of lotus brand so I decided to give it a try.


Packaging - The sunscreen comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with spray nozzle on top covered with a tight plastic lid that doesn't come off on its own which is a good thing as it doesn't allow leaking or spilling if you are carrying it in your bag, though it does come off when you want it too.
The spraying nozzle also works good giving out a proper amount of the product, not more nor less.



Ingredients -
Water, Octyl Methoxy Cinnamate, Oxybenzone, Glycerin, Methylene Bis Benzotriazolyl, TetraMethylButylPhenol, Octyl Hydroxy Sterate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Monooleate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract,  Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomoile) Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, 2-PhenoxyEthanol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DiSodium EDTA, Fragrance. 

Claim of the product -




My take on the product -
I've been using this product for a month now, the smell is the same as that of the safe sun range of lotus which is a bit herbal and faint, I like it. It has SPF 50 which is great, it does protect my skin from getting tanned as much. I can't really comment on the part of it being sweat and water proof because even I can't tell. One thing that I didn't like the most about this is that it leaves a white cast on your skin so you should be careful before applying it on your skin. It also tends to dry my skin and make it look unrealistically white and patchy.




Rating - 2/5

Pros -



  • Smells is faint and herbal.
  • Sturdy packaging.
  • Spray nozzle.
  • Non-greasy formula good for oily skinned people.
  • Protects against tanning.
Cons -
  • Tends to dry out skin so not good for dry skinned people.
  • Leaves a white cast on your skin.
  • Not too sure about claim of it being sweat and waterproof.

Will I Buy It ? 
Probably not. The Matte gel sunscreen of the same range is a better buy that this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment