Monday 9 November 2015

Lotus Herbals SAFE SUN UV- Protection Body Lotion Nourishing Whitening Milk SPF 25 PA++ Calendula Extracts Review


Hey cuties ! I hope everyone’s having a great day. Im so excited today as this is going to be my first review on my blog.
Let me first introduce myself.  My name is Anubha & Im a 20 yrs old student enjoying my life here at Lucknow, India. I love dressing up & everything a girl who just crossed her teens would like.
I request all cuties to kindly comment & share your views on this review.
So, lets just get started already !



Price -  Rs 240/-  INR

Shelf Life - Approx 3 yrs

Skin Type – Normal to dry skin

I was looking for something new to try this summer when I saw this body lotion at the market. I was attracted to it at once b’cuz Lotus Herbals is one of my fav brands as it is budget friendly and well, of course, “herbal”. So, I decided to give it a try.



Packaging - First of all lets just talk about the packaging of the product. This body lotion comes in a tangerine orange colored plastic  pump bottle. The orange color is the same as all the Lotus Herbals SAFE SUN range products which draws your attention at once. The pump works great and only required amount comes out  so the product is not wasted. I had no issues with the plastic of the bottle,  its great n solid.

Ingredients –


Claim of the product –


My take on the product –  Talking primarily abt the texture of the product, Lotus Herbals SAFE SUN UV-Protect body lotion Calendula Extracts  SPF 25 PA ++ has a very creamy texture. It is whitish in color and the smell is heavenly yet herbal. The smell lingers for a small amount of time and fades away soon. I personally loved the smell.

The lotion spreads easy and absorbed into my skin completely and quickly. It didn’t leave any whitish patch on my skin, instead, made it look healthier n my skin felt softer and really moisturized. So I think its great for dry skinned cuties. Though, for those with oily skin can find it a little too much in summers.

I have a normal skin type so I think that this body lotion can actually work for me in winters as well. :D
After hours of using this product, my skin still felt pretty well hydrated which is great.


Hand on which I didn't apply this lotion 


Hand on which I applied this lotion 




Now lets talk about what I felt about the claims that this product made. About the whitening part I think it does make skin look healthier thus skin color enhances but after some time it comes back to normal but then the brand claims that it lightens skin tone (on regular use)  so maybe you will notice a little lightened skin but not a major difference which is sad.

Rating – 4/5

Pros –
  • Budget friendly
  • Herbal smell
  • Moisturizes to a good extend so good for dry skin
  • SPF 25 PA++ UVA & UVB protection
  • Contains vit B3 & vit E which is great for skin
  • No white casts                      
  • Skin stays hydrated for long
  • Skin does light up instantly


Cons –
  • Doesn’t make any major difference in original skin color but one may see a little difference on regular use.
  • Contains paraben, urea which can be pretty harmful for your health & skin.
  • Oily skinned people may not like it.


Will I buy it ?
Yes, I think I can buy it again b'cuz I love its smell & the moisturizing properties which comes with sun protection. But I would prefer some other body lotion if it comes with same pros but lesser harmful chemicals.

That's all about this review. Don't forget to comment & share your views if you like this review.

2 comments: