Tuesday 10 November 2015

My daily hair care regime and hacks

Hey cuties ! Today I'm going to share what I do to make my hair shiny and smooth. To be true I don't do much but my friends keep on asking what my secret is. Being honest I face all the problems that any girl out there would face, though, I'm blessed with great hairs ( Thanks to my genes :P ) I have a oily scalp & I do get dandruff problems, bad hair days and sometimes I get lazy and don't wash my hairs but then no one's blessed with eternal beauty, you have to try to keep it. So here is all I know that actually makes my hair what they are.

1. Oiling
Every one knows the benefits of oiling. Don't try to skip it, oiling is very much needed by your hairs like washing. Choose a oil that suits your hair, I use coconut oil and I highly recommend it. Coconut oil makes your hair healthier and shinier. Hibiscus flower is also really great for hairs, it induces hair growth and maintains their natural color. So I mix them both and make my own DIY hair oil. What u will need to make this hair oil is -

- Any hair oil (I recommend coconut oil)
- Hibiscus flower

Now, what u need to do next is, take the amount of oil you need in a bowl and dip the flower in it. Leave it overnight for best result or you can also keep it for at least an hour. You will notice change in color of the oil as it will turn golden. Now the oil is done. Massage this on your scalp and leave it for at least an hour. This oil will work wonders on your hair and you will be surprised at how shinier and softer they are.




2. Shampooing
Yes, of course shampooing is in everyone's hair care regime but choosing the right kind of shampoo is also very necessary. Depending on the type of your scalp, whether its oily or dry, you can select the type of shampoo that will be good for your hairs.
Also, you need to keep in mind that over-shampooing is not good for your hair. If you wash your hairs daily, your hairs will not get the natural oils present on your scalp as they will get washed off. And just like that, shampooing your hairs too late can be pretty bad for your hairs too.
Right now I'm using Lotus Herbals soya shine shampoo but you can choose any other shampoo that suits your scalp type.
I love trying out different products but when it comes to my hair care I strictly stick to what suits me.




3. Conditioning
Conditioning repairs the damage that is done to your hairs during shampooing. You should always make sure that you apply conditioner only to the lower part of your hairs. But to be honest, I don't usually use a conditioner as I don't need to. Hibiscus and coconut oil work wonders for me and I use conditioner very less often.
Instead of using the conditioner that you get in market, I apply curd ( full cream milk only ) before shampooing and after it gets dried up, wash it with water and follow with shampooing.




4. Eat healthy
Including food in your diet that are rich in protein and fatty acids like omega-3 can improve your hair strength and make them healthier. Add food like pulses, green leafy vegetables, sprouted seeds and green peas to your diet.You can easily DIY sprouted seeds by soaking gram in water and leaving it overnight.



That's all I do to keep my hair healthy.Feel free to comment and tell me if this post helped you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment